2016 ACFF Filmmaker Workshop Schedule
Saturday, October 22
- 9:30 am: Arrival and Registration
- Welcome and Opening
- Opening Keynote: E.O. Wilson: Of Ant and Men with award-winning filmmaker Graham Townsley
- Education Filmmaking Panel with Neil Losin, award-winning filmmaker; Dennis Liu, Head of Educational Media for HHMI Tangled Bank Studios; Laura Bonetta, Director of Content for HHMI BioInteractive; Joe Evans, AP Biology, Biology, and Forensics teacher at Kent County High.
- Impact Filmmaking Panel with Liz Smith of Conservation Media Group and Katie Schuler of Coral and Oak Studios
- Gear Expo: A hands-on exploration of the latest camera and filmmaking tech with National Geographic, Air Shepherd, and Alex Wenschel, Director of Development for Outrun the Sun productions.
- Happy Hour / Dinner
- Attend Festival Events
Sunday, October 23
- 9:00 am: Welcome Back
- Digital Conservation Storytelling with National Geographic with Vanessa Serrao, Director of Science and Exploration Media; Stephanie Atlas, Sr. Producer of Social Video; Jeff Hertrick, Director of News & Documentary Digital Video; and Tiffany McNeil, Producer of Social Video.
- Industry Pitch Panel: Have a film idea you’ve been working on? Pitch your concept to our panel of industry experts, funders and distributors and gain their feedback and guidance. Panelists will include Liz Smith of Conservation Media Group; David Elisco of Tangled Bank Studios; and Jeff Hertrick of National Geographic.
- Closing Keynote: The Messenger with award-winning filmmaker Su Rynard
- Workshop wraps at 2:30pm
See the bios of this year’s presenters, here!